Here’s a simple recipe to make one of the nations Chinese take out favourites. Best of all the oven does most of the work.
- 2 duck legs
- chines 5 spice*
- green part of spring onions
- chinese pancakes** or rice spring roll wrappers
- hoisin sauce***
*some brands contain onion. Be sure to check the ingredient list.
**chinese pancakes are made from wheat
***I used this recipe. I omitted the garlic, and used only 2 tbsp of reduced salt soy sauce.
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan.
- Rub the chinese 5 spice into the duck and ensure it is all covered.
- Cook the duck for 1hr15min to 1hr 30mins.
- While the duck is cooking prepare the hoisin sauce, and cut the cucumber and green parts of spring onion in sticks.
- Serve with pancakes or rice wrappers, cucumber, green parts of spring onion and hoisin sauce.