I have not posted in a while as I was busy working on my Masters degree dissertation. Now that it is done and dusted I am extremely excited to share this recipe with you. This is a simple recipe for a dough which is ready to use in under 30 mins. It is extremely versatile and I have used it as a pizza base, wrap, and as a flatbread; both plain and stuffed. I am sure you will love it as much as I do.
Low FODMAP dough (serves 4-6)
- 400g Gluten free all purpose flour/ plain flour
- 300g lactose free plain yogurt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- water to bind
- Combine the flour, yogurt and olive oil. Mix together to form a dough and add water slowly while kneading until you have a smooth soft dough.
- Leave it to rest for 20 minutes before using.
- For pizza: Divide the dough into four and roll out thinly with a rolling pin. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220C or 200 fan-assisted for approximately 5 minutes. Then remove from the oven, top it with sauce, cheese and your toppings and cook until the cheese is melted and golden.
- For wrap: Divide the dough into four and roll out thinly with a rolling pin. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220C or 200 fan-assisted for approximately 7 minutes. It should be cooked through but still light in colour. If overcooked you will not be able to roll it up.
- For flatbreads: As above but continue cooking until golden. I like to brush one side with an oil and zaa’tar mixture.
- You can also cook the dough for the wrap and flatbread in a large pan on the stove on high heat.
- Enjoy! and look out for the upcoming recipe for my crowd pleasing feta and spinach stuffed flatbreads.