I decided to alter one of my favourite healthy pancake recipes to make it suitable for vegans. This recipe is also suitable for all those IBS suffers who cannot eat eggs as they find these trigger their symptoms.
Ingredients: (1 portion)
- 20g oats (GF if you suffer from coeliac disease)
- 20g all purpose GF flour or rice flour
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp diary free milk such as hemp milk, almond milk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- Mix the flaxseeds with the water.
- In a separate recipient mix the milk and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl mix the oats, flour, baking soda and sugar.
- Add the flaxseed mixture and mix well.
- Add the milk and vinegar mixture and combine everything together to resemble a pancake batter. If it is too thick add some more fluid.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium to low heat and slightly grease. Once hot pour in the pancake mixture. You can make one big pancake or 2-3 smaller ones. Once golden in colour flip to the other side and cook until golden.
- Serve with your favourite topping such as fresh fruit, nuts and coyo diary free yoghurt for a balanced breakfast.