There’s nothing better than some ice-cream in this warm weather therefore I made some vanilla ice-cream. Remember to limit the portion size as fat may trigger IBS symptoms. What other ice-cream flavour recipes would you like to see? Let me know in the comments below.
- 300ml lactose free milk e.g. Arla’s Lactofree Milk or Rice milk
- 284ml lactose free cream e.g. Arla’s lactofree cream or Alpro Rice Cream
- 85g caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp vanilla paste
- Put the milk and vanilla in a pan and bring to a slight boil. Remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl whisk the yolks with the sugar.
- Pour the milk in a little at a time into the yolk mixture and whisk well after each addition.
- Return the mixture to the pain and cook gently over low heat until it thickens enough to cover the back of a spoon. Do not allow to simmer or boil as the mixture would curdle.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and leave to cool.
- Once cooled whisk in the cream until well combined. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Pour the mixture in an ice-cream machine and churn as per the manufacturers instructions.