Here’s another curry favourite; Chicken Tikka Masala! Why not serve it with gluten free roti? Get the recipe here.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 400g boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp greek yoghurt or plain lactose free yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds
- 3-4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 capsicum pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes
- pinch cumin seeds
- thumb size piece of ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp lactose free cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- Cut the chicken thighs in bite sized pieces.
- Mix the ginger paste, kashmiri chilli powder, pinch salt, turmeric, yoghurt, garam masala, carom seeds, lemon juice, corn flour and the chopped chilli.
- Cover the chicken in the yoghurt and spice mixture. Cover and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Deseed the tomatoes and chop in big chunks.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and saute until softened.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a bowl and blend them. Set aside.
- Chop the capsicum pepper. Heat some oil in a pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a separate pan. Add the cumin seeds and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook on high heat for a couple of minutes then reduce the heat.
- Once the chicken is cooked add the pureed tomatoes.
- Add the ground coriander, add the tomato puree and water. Mix well together.
- Add salt, cardamom, fenugreek, sugar and the lactose free cream.
- Finally add the green capsicum and serve.
Nutritional Analysis (1 serving if splitting in 4 portions)
390kcal, 19g carbohydrates, 31g protein, 22g fat, 4g fibre, 2.7g glucose, 3g fructose, 0.9g lactose (if using greek yoghurt)