I recently noticed the lack of chocolatey recipes on my blog and I had to rectify the situation asap. I was a bit baffled really because I love anything with chocolate in it! To fill this chocolate void I decided to bake a chocolate banana cake. This ones dedicated to all you chocoholic low FODMAPers.
Chocolate Banana Cake
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 egg
- 60g butter, softened
- 90g caster sugar
- 95g all purpose gf flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp gf baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xantham gum
- 3 tbsp lactose free milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 40g dark chocolate chips
- 30g hazelnuts
- Mix the milk with the vinegar and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add the egg.
- In a separate bowl, sift and mix all the dry ingredients together (flour, xantham gum, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cocoa powder).
- Start adding the flour mixture and banana slowly and mixing well after each addition.
- Continue until all banana and flour mixture are combined.
- Add the milk and vinegar mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and hazelnuts and incorporate in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf or cake tin and bake for 50 minutes in a preheated oven at 160C.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then continue cooling on a wire rack.
Nutritional Information for 1 slice:
196kcal, 24.6g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 10g fat, 2g fibre, 1g glucose, 1g fructose, 0g lactose
If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to see more click follow to receive an e-mail when a new post is up.