Ok brace yourselves for this one as it was described as ‘the best kebab I have eaten in a long time’ and ‘I haven’t done anything to deserve something this good’. Surely enough after such amazing reviews you must try it too! Ok so my boyfriend was really impressed by this one and has just told me that I should share the recipe because they’re incredible. So here you go! I hope you enjoy this as much as he did.
Kofta kebab (makes 7-8 kebabs)
- 400g 5% fat beef mince
- 400g lamb mince (you may swap the beef and lamb for any meat of your preference. If you do not tolerate high amounts of fat substitute with a lean meat/poultry)
- 2 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp asoefetida
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- bunch of fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons of garlic infused olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Shape into a sausage shape around a kebab skewer.
- Put the kebabs into the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- You may cook these over a bbq, in the oven or on a grill hob.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side.
- I served mine with tzatziki and greek salad. Click here for tzatziki recipe.
Nutritional Information for 1 kebab:
224kcal, 0.4g carbohydrates, 25g protein, 14g fat, 0.15g fibre
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 of a cucumber
- 1/2 a capsicum pepper
- bunch of dill
- bunch of mint
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- feta cheese; amount to your liking/tolerance
- handful olives
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Chop the vegetable and herbs.
- Mix all the ingredients together expect the feta cheese.
- Serve the salad and top with the feta cheese.
I’ve also served this recipe in a gf pitta bread.