Since being back to uni and also starting to work on my dissertation I’ve been quite busy and I’ve been trying to make meals quick and easy. I’ve also started planning meals for the whole week so I could minimise my shopping trips and also try and save money at the same time as I only buy the things I will actually be using throughout the week. I couldn’t recommend planning meals in advance enough! It makes everything so much easier and as you all know preparation is key to follow the low FODMAP diet. So go ahead make a table and have a go at planning next weeks’ meals.
Recipe (serves 2)
- pack of Sainsbury’s chilli and coriander king prawns
- 6 cherry tomatoes chopped in 4 segments
- 3 spring onions, green part only chopped
- 1 cup rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh coriander for garnish
- 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- Cook the rice by following the packet instructions and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Once hot, add tomatoes, prawns and spring onions.
- Add half the juice of a lemon and approximately half a cup of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer until it starts to thicken and the tomatoes are soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked rice and mix everything together well.
- Ensure any liquid is absorbed into the rice.
- Serve and sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander.
If you like this recipe and would like to see more click follow to receive an e-mail when a new blog post is up.