I love tapas or anything that comes in a platter to share. This way I get to have a bit of everything! Of course IBS has made this hard for me and I can’t really enjoy most tapas or platters anymore. However last weekend I went out for tapas. Risky I know..but a new tapas place opened just across the road from my house, so you know if an accident had to happen I could quickly run home. Just in case you’re wondering I did not have to run home 😉 One of the tapas we ordered were the peppers stuffed with goat cheese and they were divine! So I had to try and replicate these at home. They’re really quick and easy to make. They’re great served as appetizers if you’re hosting a meal or dinner party. So today I’m posting this recipe but I plan to post a series of other low FODMAP tapas recipes in the upcoming weeks.
Peppers stuffed with cheese
- lactose free cream cheese or soft goat cheese if tolerated
- roasted peppers in vinegar (I used the ones by Cypress. Otherwise you can you roast some fresh peppers)
- fresh dill chopped or any other herbs of your liking (optional)
- olive oil
- Cut the peppers in strips.
- Optional: add some chopped fresh dill to the cheese and mix well.
- Put 1/2 to 1 tsp of lactose free cream cheese or goat cheese and roll the pepper.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and add a pinch of pepper.
If you like this post and would like to see more click follow to receive an e-mail when a new post is up.