Sorry for the lack of posts! I feel like I haven’t posted anything new in forever now. I have been so busy lately that I do not have time to experiment with new recipes. My diet has been a bit boring with me making the same meals over and over again. This weekend I was quite busy preparing a lecture I need to give in the upcoming weeks. I am quite stressed about it since it is the first lecture I have ever had to give and I have never spoken in public for two hours. I can easily talk your head off for two hours on insignificant things but this is a whole new story…I need to remember relevant information. And well my memory has not been the greatest lately. Do you ever feel like there’s so many things on your mind that your brain just feels empty? It’s the weirdest thing! but maybe it’s just me…. Well seeing that I was short on time I decided to make something quick and easy that would satisfy my sweet tooth. This loaf is nice and moist and best off all it is one of those recipes where you put everything in one bowel and mix everything together!
- zest of a lemon
- 115g soft butter or margerine
- 115g caster sugar
- 140g GF all purpose flour (I used Doves Farm)
- 2 teaspoons GF baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lactose free milk
- 10g poppy seeds
For the lemon icing
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 115g icing sugar, sifted
- Pre-heat oven to 180C or 160C fan.
- Put all the ingredients of the loaf in a bowel and beat well by hand or with an electric beater for about 2 minutes until well combined.
- Grease the loaf tin with butter.
- Put mixture in tin and level the top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for approx. 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
- For the icing mix the icing sugar with the lemon juice.
- Spread over the loaf once it is cool.
If you like this read and would like to see more click follow to receive an e-mail when a new post is up!