I haven’t been posting much recently as I have been pretty busy since I have started my placement. With working 9 til 5 and having to studying afterwards it can be hard to sum up the energy to cook something. I’ve been making quick meals and preparing huge portions to last throughout the week. Last Monday I made a Turkish salad. Its perfect for a quick meal or side salad and also quite healthy. You can add 100g grilled chicken breast to have a more complete meal.
- 1/2 a large carrot, grated
- 4 lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, chopped
- a handful of olives whole or chopped
- 35g feta cheese
- olive oil
- pomegranate sauce (optional- might cause issues for some) I get this from a Turkish grocery store.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Drizzle with olive oil and pomegranate sauce.
- Optional: add 100g sliced grilled chicken on top.