I’m back in London after a great summer in Malta. It’s so cold here I’m freezing! It’s mid-August but feels like Winter. Seems like I flew my way from summer to winter! Can someone please let the UK know it’s just August and to send Summer back? Thank you. Seeing that I was away for two months I had a lot of grocery shopping to do. I have a shopping area close to my house with a lot of different shops and supermarkets and I usually like to pop in all of them to see what’s available. I popped into Poundland to check out their kitchen section and found the cutest small ceramic dish and a small 5 inch cake tin. I always get so excited about these things! They’re perfect for cooking for one person! Seeing that the weather is cold I decided to make a blueberry crumble. Also a perfect excuse to use my new ceramic dish! I’m already thinking about what type of cake I should make in my new cake tin. Any suggestions?
Blueberry Crumble (serves 1 or 2)
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 zest of a lemon
- 1/3 tablespoon rice flour or any other gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
For the crumble:
- 2 tablespoons all purpose gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons gf rolled oats
- 1/3 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/3 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10g butter
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix the blueberries, lemon zest, rice flour, caster sugar and lemon juice. Place the mixture in your baking dish. I used a little 4-5 inch dish.
- Mix the all the crumble mixture together expect the butter.
- Break the butter into little pieces and rub in the crumble mix with your finger tips.
- Once the crumble is done place it on top of the blueberry mix in the baking dish. I also sprinkled with some flaxseed (optional).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes until crumble browns.
I served mine warm with some sweetened greek yoghurt. You may serve with lactose free ice-cream or whipped cream.
If you like this recipe and would like to see more click follow to receive an e-mail update when a new recipe is up.