A simple fragrant rice dish to use a side dish and it only takes a few minutes to make! This recipe is also ideal to make use of any left over plain boiled rice.
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic infused oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- pinch asafoetida (this gives an onion flavour)
- Boil the rice and leave to cool.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the cardamom pods, cumin seeds and mustard seeds and cook until fragrant.
- Add pinch off asafoetida and rice.
- Mix everything well and it’s done.
If you like this recipe and would like to see more click follow to receive an e-mail when a new post is up 🙂